CALL FOR A FREE CONSULTATION – 281-667-4081
“How could this have happened?” This is a common question asked by truck accident victims and their families.
After an accident involving an 18-wheeler, it is crucial to determine if the driver of the 18-wheeler was responsible for the accident and, if so, what driver did to cause the accident.
At Simon & O’Rourke, we provide skilled representation to 18-wheeler accident injury victims. We make sure our clients understand their rights so they can make informed decisions about their cases as we pursue full compensation for damages such as medical expenses, pain and suffering and lost wages.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Negligent hiring
- Drug use
- Inadequate road maintenance
- Lack of proper truck maintenance
- Improper load balancing
- Negligent driving
There are many possible sources of liability in truck accident cases, including truck drivers, trucking companies and the owners of trucks and trailers. We thoroughly investigate accidents to determine who is liable and then pursue compensation from all available sources.
Experienced Houston 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
We take everything regarding our cases personally. Simon & O’Rourke is committed to helping the victims of truck accident injuries get a full recovery.
Before you sign away your rights or discuss the accident the accident with the insurance adjuster or other representative of the insurance company, call us for a free consultation.
Check-List if you are Involved in an accident
- If you are severely injured, do not move unless you have to for safety reasons
- Call the police so that an accident report will be created
- Take photographs while waiting for the police
- DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE TRUCK DRIVER THAT HIT YOU!
- Get contact information from any witnesses
- Cooperate with the responding police officer when he/she arrives
- Get a report number from the responding officer
- CALL Simon & O’Rourke at 281-667-4081
- Note: Do not give a statement to an insurance adjuster without talking to your lawyer
- Repair of your vehicle
- Rental car payment
- Payment for diminshed value to your car
- Past and future Medical Bills
- Payment for lost wages due to inability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Nursing care
- Compensaiont for loss of quality of life due to injury
- Damages for loss of limbs
- Damages for other permanent injuries
Types of Commercial Cases we Handle
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Box Trucks
- Tanker Trucks
- Cement Trucks
- Delivery Trucks
- Utility Company Trucks
- Company Owned Vehicles